Website for Section One
1. What was the old (incorrect) Ptolemic view of the universe?
2. Summarize Copernicus’ heliocentric system.
Section Two: The New Scientific Method
Website for Section Two
1. What is the real goal of science?
2. Describe the Inductive (Scientific) Method in your own words.
Section Three: Newton Pulls it all Together
Website for Section Three
1. How did Newton picture light (Part II)?
2. What is Newton’s definition of gravitation (Part IV)?
3. How did Newton view Christianity and God (Part V)?
1. What was Vesalius known for and what did he correct?
2. Boyle was the first prominent scientist to preform _________ _________.
3. Boyle's best known contribution to scientific knowledge is the 1661 publication of this.
4. What did Harvey research and what did he discover?